Saturday, September 24, 2011

The First Week

Good Morning,
Well now it has been a full week.   Overall it has been a good week for both my son and me, but not without its challenges.  I have to say that replacing my first cup of coffee in the mornings with the Herbal tea has not been difficult at all.  I find that that I prefer mine hot, but my son prefers it cold.  I guess it may just be a Southern thing, but we both prefer some sweeteners in it.
We both have had our difficulties this week.  My challenge has been to remember it is time to eat.  I had gotten is such a rut with my diet as for I would forget to eat or even drink anything.   So two shakes a day with one healthy meal along with three snacks may not seem difficult to most people, but I have found it challenging.  For my son, he is use to eating such big meals that the one shake and cup fruit/veggies for a meal leaves him a bit lacking.  
Overall we both found that we have lost some weight.  The Kid has lost 15 lbs., and I have lost five so far. 
The one thing that has helped both of us is keeping a log of the time we ate and what we had to eat.  Setting a timer for two hours has helped also.  We decided to vary our balanced meal each day.  The biggest challenge has been on the days that he has to go to group.  We will have to continue to work on more of a schedule for him on these days, but have found that if we have our one meal scheduled for when he gets home from group has been a help. 
We both quickly found that Dad being home threw a monkey wrench into the schedule.  He has agreed that he could loose some weight as well, and is willing to try the Herbalife plan as well.   
We have discussed how the product will be easy for him to use over the road.  Keeping a week or month work of food in the truck and keeping it fresh has always been a challenge for him.  At least this way he has two meals per day that he does not have to worry about it spoiling or taking up so much room in the truck. 
Buying a carton of milk to make his shake will not be that difficult at most truck stops and will cost him much less that buying a meal.  As for the cost over all it looks like we will be saving some money on his meals.   We added up the cost of the meals of him eating out daily verses the Herbalife system and one meal per day.  Replacing two meals, at least one snack and adding the extra vitamins will cut the cost to $12.85 dollars from his normal $30.00 to 40.00 dollars.  This will be a savings of at very least $17.15 per day, or $514.00 per month.  Having the product in the truck will also eliminate days at a loading dock without having anything in the truck to eat at all.  We have decided that getting him the shakes that can be made with water instead of milk will be a great help as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment